Return Home Return Home
Court Home Domestic Relations Section Court Divisions FAQs Forms & Applications Rules & Procedures Self Help Rule 509 Jury Service Employment Opportunities
Domestic Relations Section
455 W. Hamilton Street - Room 320, Allentown, PA 18101
(610) 782-3185 Fax (610) 782-3725

Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm

Show all answers | Hide all answers

How do I file for support?
  • You may apply for child or spousal support services by filing a complaint in the DRS between the hours of 8:00AM-3:15PM, Monday through Friday; or online at:
  • Applicants that appear in the DRS, will be seen on a first come-first serve basis. Inter-county and interstate filings require you to appear in person during the above hours. Complex filings may require additional time and may require you to appear prior to 3:15PM.
  • If appearing in person to file, please bring a completed data sheet along with all required documents.
  • Intake Data sheet
  • Required Documents
How do I modify or change an existing support order?
  • You may file a petition for modification of a support order when there is a substantial or material change in circumstances, (i.e. considerable change in income, a change in custody arrangements, etc.) by appearing in the DRS, contacting the DRS to request the petition, or online at:
  • A petition for modification will only be accepted if completed in full. Once a petition for modification is filed, a modification support conference will be scheduled and notices to appear will be sent to both parties by regular mail
How do I request a continuance (reschedule) of a support conference or hearing?
  • If you are unable to appear for a scheduled conference or hearing, an application for continuance may be submitted asking that the conference or hearing be rescheduled to a later date.
  • Only emergencies or other extenuating circumstances are considered valid reasons for a continuance.
  • You must follow all of the instructions on the application for continuance or the application may be denied.
  • Requests are approved or denied at the discretion of the DRS Director, DRS Hearing Officer, or Judge.
  • Application for Continuance
How do I request telephone participation for a support conference or hearing?
  • If you are unable to appear in person for a conference or hearing due to travel distance, medical restrictions, or other unforeseen circumstances, you may submit an application for a telephone conference/hearing at least 7 days prior to the scheduled conference or hearing.
  • You must follow all of the instructions on the application for telephone conference/hearing or the application may be denied. This includes submitting all required information/documentation to the DRS as indicated on the Order to Appear for the conference or hearing.
  • Requests are approved or denied at the discretion of the DRS Director, DRS Hearing Officer, or Judge.
  • If the application is submitted timely, the DRS will notify you and the opposing party of the decision.
  • A new application must be submitted for each additional conference or hearing.
  • Insert a link for the Application for Telephone Conference/Hearing
How do I make a support payment?
  • If you have a regular source of income such as wages from an employer, or are receiving unemployment compensation benefits, worker's compensation benefits, social security disability benefits, or pension benefits, you are required to report this information to the DRS. The DRS will issue an income withholding order to your source of income so that support payments are automatically deducted from your income.
  • You are responsible for making support payments on your own by using one of the Support Payment Options at any time an income withholding order is not in effect and full support payments are not being automatically deducted.
  • Regular support payments are not accepted over-the-counter in the DRS unless specifically ordered by the court.
  • A Touch-Pay kiosk is available in the lobby of the DRS during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) to make support payments by cash, credit card, or debit card. Fees apply.
How do I terminate or close my support case?
  • You (plaintiff) may choose to terminate or close your support case at any time with the arrears to be canceled, or with the arrears to remain payable. Once the arrears are canceled, they are not subject to reinstatement or future collection.
  • You (plaintiff) must complete and submit a Request to Terminate form to the DRS with a copy of your photo identification.
  • You (plaintiff) may not terminate or close the support case if you are receiving cash assistance through the Department of Human Services (DHS).
  • Insert Link for a Request to Terminate form
How do I view information about my support case?
How do I contact the DRS?
  • The DRS is open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
  • The DRS is closed on all major holidays and/or as directed by the President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Lehigh County.
  • Location and Contact Information:
    Lehigh County Courthouse
    Domestic Relations Section
    455 W. Hamilton Street, Room 320
    Allentown, PA 18101
    Telephone: 610-782-3185
    Fax: 610-782-3725
  • All individuals and personal effects entering the Lehigh County Courthouse are subject to search and must pass through the security checkpoint and metal detector.
  • Only individuals seeking services or have official business are permitted in the DRS. Individuals are discouraged from bringing children unless scheduled for genetic testing. Children are not permitted entry into conferences or hearings.
  • All individuals appearing in the DRS must check-in with the front desk receptionist and provide photo identification

Show all answers | Hide all answers

Tracking address: Tracking code - do not email: (do not email this address - tracking purposes only)

Contact UsDriving DirectionsParking, Security & ADA AccessibilityCourt HomeDisclaimer & Privacy Policy
Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas, 455 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101-1614 • (610) 782-3000